Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Training - How is it possible?

Ok, I’m attempting to get back into shape for winter biking (I know how strange that sounds, but hear me out)... the problem with this is, I feel like my biking endurance is improving but there's this one problem: Today there was a 95 degree temperature delta and a 115 degree “feels like” delta... as I’m sitting out by the pool tonight (currently 75) I’m trying to comprehend what 115 degrees colder would feel like... I really don’t remember being cold at -20 when racing Arrowhead last year, but now when its 60 I’m putting on my coat for a morning ride...

7 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lance Andre said...

MrDaveyGie, why would I want to bring this hot nastie snow melting weather back with me?!? YOU CRAZY MAN!

Mitch R said...

You are going to die when you hit 20F! 8F was downright hot in Minneapolis today after several below 0F days.

Lance Andre said...

I'm thinking shock treatment... I plan on stripping naked and rolling around in the snow when I get back... thoughts? May make a good youtube video...

Neve_r_est said...

Walk-in freezer and rollers.

DG

MrDaveyGie said...

GOOD GRIEF!!! I will warn all of DubuqueLand, 'the ice man cometh'

:-)

MrDaveyGie said...

Hey Lance I stopped by your house and picked up the Nokian tires. My 2.1 knobbies could go no where on the trail today, I basically stood still while my rear wheel spun out. Deep snow on top of ice.