Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Arrowhead Ultra 135 (I mean 150)


I'll post a detailed race summary this weekend.

However, here's a quick one: I went really fast for the first 20 hours was in first by about 30 minutes when, it got really cold, then I went really slow... this was with only 25 miles to go. Biv'd till sunrise, took a wrong turn rode 15 miles in the direction i thought there was food... nope, got a ride back to where i left the trail (not allowed, but I was tired as heii, turned myself in for the DQ, but i did finish the entire route), even with the reroute I would have gotten 5th. minor frost nip on my finger tips...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you will win the Arrowhead...I am sure of it!!!
Cheers,
Charlie

Neve_r_est said...

Amazing effort Lance!

DG

Anonymous said...

You are one hell of a man! 99% would never attempt that race, of that 99% would never told race officals knowing they would be DQ'd. You are tops in my book, good job and a hell of a ride, man you are fast.
Ride on, RickB.