Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Triple D Winter Race - Winter Run, Winter Bike, & Ski Event
This year is shaping up to be a banner year for Triple D: Great trail conditions for all even standard mountain bikes, runners and skiers.
10 day forecast looks great (unlike the last two years) with mild temps in the high teens to low 20’s and only a 20% chance of new precipitation except for today’s 1-3” which will be well packed again by this weekend.
There are still some rooms available at the Grand Harbor Waterpark and Resort, if you have already booked a room make sure it was put under our block, you can email email@example.com to get your room added to the block. They are still taking reservations under the Triple D Winter Race.
Get your entries in ASAP, they are due by Jan 4th. So far it looks like we will be at about the same numbers as last year – about 50 racers, however, this is the year to race as the my guess is that all the runners and skiers will finish and over half the bikers will finish as the trails are in primo condition.
Why Triple D?
1. Choose your winter discipline (run, hike, ski, bike, bike push [jk])
2. Stay in shape over the winter
3. Eliminate cabin fever and depression associated with indoor spin and treadmills
4. Free bar tab at the finish and pizza / canned drinks at the awards ceremony
5. Pub crawl in historic Dubuque after awards
6. Cool snowflake medals for all racers
7. Hand crafted awards for category winners
8. Bragging rights that you competed in the most difficult winter day race in NA
9. Bikers can get their first Dirty Hundy of the year (off-road metric century)
10. Misery loves company (suffer with 50 other cheerful souls)
11. Event headquarters at Dubuque’s indoor waterpark/hotel resort
12. Coincides with Dubuque’s ICEFEST festivities
13. Race with unique individuals from all over the US (racers from NC, FL, MI, MN, WI, IA, IL, MO are already registered)
14. Free sports massages after the race
15. TV and Newspaper coverage
16. Professionally photographed
17. All on closed course (except first 2 miles of bike on historic Dubuque brick streets)
18. Minimal required gear list (flashing lights front and back)
19. Cash lottery (amount depends on race budget – first year was $900, last year was $160 in cash) more racers = more $.
20. All transportation and sag supplied (including limo bus for the runners and skiers)
at 11:01 AM