Guess I’m committed to anther year of ultra racing (if I make the entry list for these events).
In addition, to my normal winter riding schedule, I’ll be working on building a new racing bike for both of these races. I'll be soliciting some of you for ideas on what makes the best (read fastest & most reliable) snow bike... my goals this winter riding season are:
- Build a fast sub 30 lbs ultimate winter bike
- Finish (and win) Arrowhead 135
- Finish (and win) TransIowa (I rode the year we had 30+ mph headwinds, rain, sleet, unimaginable mud). Joe Frost and Jeff Spahn shamed me into giving it another shot.
2007 was a rest year for the most part, rode a number of my usual shorter events:
- Colesburg 40 Gravel (2nd place overall with my wife on our new custom-built 29” Vicious tandem – such a sweet ride!)
- Cheq40 (2nd place mixed tandem with my wife – second year in a row and 10+ minutes faster on our new monster)
- Ore2Shore (Major mechanicals & flats but still pulled off a 4th place class finish)
- Blockhouse Roll (never a good event for me, but I stuck it out and raced the expert class)